The families are getting smaller, and being independent on your own is the ritual these days. So how nice would it be if your regular breakfasts could be made without worries and effort, yet be healthy and nutritious? The Nostalgia RTOV220RETRORED Retro 12-Slice Convection Toaster Oven is such an easy to handle kitchen equipment. So you won’t have to worry about your daily toasts anymore. Moreover, you can also bake and broil foods according to your taste and convenience and yet not be exhausted after the kitchen work. Once you bring home this super cool toaster oven, it will become your go-to home appliance for baking cookies or preparing pizzas or a variety of tasty meals, desserts or snacks at home as well.
- The most significant salient features of the Nostalgia RTOV220RETRORED Retro 12-Slice Convection Toaster Oven are:
- The oven looks small in size. It is quite handy and can be placed anywhere on your kitchen countertop or can be used in your hostels as well. It comes in two attractive colors, i.e., namely red and aqua, which looks fabulous even if you have a 50’s kitchen interior décor. It mainly gives contrast to a simple kitchen décor as well. It will not just get camouflaged with the background.
- Though the toaster looks small, it can easily fit a 12-inch pizza or 12 slices of bread or neatly broil tenderloin steaks at a single time. It has an internal capacity of 0.7 cu. in.
- It has mainly four preset functions:
- Convection Bake
- It has two rack positions that can be adjusted according to the convenience of the user. The rack positions allow you to cook flat foods like pizza or bread in quite considerable amounts in a single run. For better cooking experiences, there are four levels of heat settings. The four stages of heat selectors are: upper, lower, upper and lower, and off.
- It has a 60-minute timer function with a bell or alarm that can alert you as soon as the cooking reaches its finishing point even if you are away for some other household chores or any other job. It also has a particular stay-on function that leaves the oven even after the food is prepared that allows the food to remain hot until it is served on your plates.
- It has an excellent adjustable temperature range from 200˚F to 450˚F.
- It has a power light indicator that illuminates so brightly that it is visible from a good far away distance. So you can keep checking and verifying if your food being prepared is still under cooking even from across the other room or dining hall.
- The oven has clear-view high-temperature glass, which means that even at very high temperatures while cooking your food will still be visible from the outside through the transparent door of the oven. The handle of the door is made up of stainless steel which makes the toaster look elegant and classy.
- It has an easily removable crumb tray that makes cleaning very convenient. Also, the interiors are made up of non-stick materials that add to the natural and quick and hassle-free cleaning.
- The accessories provided with the toaster oven are two nickel-plated racks and a baking pan that makes it more attractive and entirely ready for use as soon as its lands up in your kitchen.
- The product dimensions are:
Product width 13.5 inches
Product length 18.5 inches
Product height 11.5 inches
Product weight 12.8 pounds
- It is a power toaster oven that runs on the power of 1500W and a standard voltage of 110 V – 120 V.
- It is covered by a warranty period of 1 year period.
The Nostalgia RTOV220RETRORED Retro 12-Slice Convection Toaster Oven is neither over costly nor very cheap. It is precisely priced according to its features. As a trusted source, we recommend this one big time. As a handy toaster oven, it is worth its cost and does its work just as beautiful.
- It has four preset cooking functions that make your life easier. You can bake, broil or toast as per your need and convenience.
- Its bright and vibrant colors complement your kitchen interiors. If you have colorful kitchen decors, it fits perfectly to your joyous environment, and if you have simple and elegant decorations, it gives excellent contrast to the interiors.
- It is minimal and handy that can be placed anywhere on your kitchen countertops and fits perfectly to your dorm room or hostels. It takes up a little space and leaves a lot of space for other home appliances. It does not make your interiors look overcrowded at all.
- It has a convection oven that heats up very quickly and saves a lot of energy and time during your cooking process.
- The broiling racks, baking pan, and the removable crumb tray are all easy to use and remove and easy to clean. The non-stick interior makes it easier to clean the oven in case of spills and splatters during cooking.
- It has a clear view see-through high-temperature glass door that helps you to take a peek at your food when it is still cooking without any heat loss, and the door handle is made up of stainless steel which makes its look attractive.
- The power light indicator is a compelling feature, and it has a timer of 60 minutes that sets up an alarm once the cooking time is over.
- It is not very highly-priced, so if you are new to toaster ovens, you can use it as a tester without investing a lot of money.
- It takes a bit more time to heat up if the convection cooking is not selected. And once the convection cooking is turned on it heats up rather unusually and also takes up a lot of power.
- It is very voltage sensitive, and if not plugged-in in the right outlet might cause accidents.
- It has a few heating issues, and the set temperatures are not very accurate.
- It does not have a built-in interior lighting system that might be a negative pointer for many customers.
USE AND CARE-
- For an adequate amount of air circulation, it should be kept at least 4″ away from the counter wall.
- If the pans or dishes that are being used are of materials other than metal, it should be done cautiously. Ceramics and glass if used, should be checked that they are oven safe to prevent cracking inside the oven.
- It should have separate plug access so that the power is directly taken and used only by the oven. Use of any convertor, inverter, transformer, or stabilizer is not suggested. It should be used as per the US guidelines of 110V-120V plug.
- The interiors can be cleaned using a damp cloth. Use of soaps, detergents or any abrasive cleaner inside the oven is prohibited to avoid rusting or short circuit.
- Utensils should not be used on the non-stick interior.
- For cleaning the glass door, any type of glass cleaner can be used.
- The removable accessories can be washed with soft cleaners, and before placing them back in the oven, they should be thoroughly dried out.
Although the features provided by this toaster oven isn’t unique in many aspects, still the performance of the toaster can beat many regular ovens in the market. It works well with or without the convection power settings and can evenly bake out batches of toasts without burning or charring them. It is not very large, so it takes up a very little space on your kitchen countertop. And its vibrant colors add an extraordinary flavor to your kitchen decors. A mini oven that can replace the regular use of your large microwave oven. The Nostalgia RTOV220RETRORED Retro 12-Slice Convection Toaster Oven is very pocket healthy, and if you are buying a toaster oven for the first time, it is not a bad investment for sure. You can also buy it as a housewarming gift to your close colleagues or relatives since it is highly affordable.
ABOUT THE MANUFACTURER-
Nostalgia & co. is a company based in Cambridge, Ontario, Canada. The name itself suggests the purpose of the company. It brings back the memories of the 80s or 90s. The designs of the products sold by the company are mainly inspired by the early 19th century America and aim to bring fun and entertainment in this busy scheduled life of people. The appliances are so comfortable and good to handle that they bring a wave of satisfaction into customers and develops a particular quality time among the families. It started as a company selling popcorn makers but then eventually ventured into the vast world of kitchen appliances within five years of its establishment. Now it is a reputed name in the market and has not received any customer complains so far.